1. Where is the National Taipei University of Education (Taiwan)?
A： Please refer to the following website for further information:
2. I want to apply for International Admissions, when is the application date? How to get the information about application procedures?
A： There are now 3 schools, 20 departments, and 3 Master's programs. For recruiting programs please see Academic Year Enrollment Guide for International Students. For more information please refer to the application website:
International Admissions (English)
3. How many semesters of an academic year?
A： There are two semesters of an academic year, and 18 weeks for studying of a semester. Fall semester: from September to January. After that, it's winter vacation. Spring semester: from February to June, and continue with a summer vacation.
4. When does the school starts every semester?
A： Fall semester: Mid-September. Spring semester: Mid-February.
5. Any restrictions on applying for admission as a foreign student?
A： Please refer to the National Taipei University of Education Foreign Student Enrolment Directive
National Taipei University of Education Foreign Student Enrolment Directive (English)
6. Regarding the tuition fee, do I have to pay for one semester or two semesters at a time?
A： Students pay their tuition fees at the beginning of every semester. So, you pay for a semester at a time. Please refer to Tuition and Other Applicable Fees (it could be renewed once a year)
7. I want to learn Mandarin Chinese. Are there any Chinese language courses available?
A： Chinese Language Education Center of National Taipei University of Education offers a quarter program with placement teaching. Aside from that, CLEC also offers a mandarin summer camp and a customized learning program. For details, please click on the link to CLEC official website.
Chinese Language Education Center
8. Are there any scholarships that foreign applicants are eligible to apply for?
A： We provide the NTUE Scholarship. There are 2 different ways to apply for the scholarship.
1. For current students, please download the form below:
NTUE Scholarship Application Form
Please print out the form and submit it with a copy of your student ID card and transcript to the Division of International Affairs.
(Office Location: A709 Room, Administration Building)
Application Time: Before the end of April Every year.
2. For future students, please submit all of your required documents and check "yes" on the scholarship survey item.
Here is the online admission application website: https://enroll.ntue.edu.tw/foreign
臺灣獎學金Taiwan Scholarship and Huayu Scholarship Program (Governmental Scholarships)
9. How to open an account in Taiwan?
(1) You'll need five documents to open an account in the post office: your passport, ARC, student card, certificate of enrollment, seal, and NT $10 dollars as the minimum deposit for opening a new account.
(2) If you would like to open an account in the First Bank, you’ll need four documents to open an account: passport, ARC, seal, and NT $1000 dollars as the minimum deposit for opening a new account.
(3) If you require any further information for opening an account in another bank, please contact the bank directly.
10. Can international students work part-time in Taiwan?
A： Yes, but the Taiwanese government requires all foreign nationals to obtain a work permit. It is illegal to work without a work permit. Please see the website below: