International Students would like to work regardless of in or out of school in Taiwan, the work permit must be first acquired in accordance with relevant regulations. Please note that a penalty of above NTD 30,000 and under NTD 150,000 will be fined if one without a work permit is employed.
Work Permit Online Application Procedure
1. Visit and click "Work Permit for Foreign Students, Overseas Chinese Students, and Ethnic Chinese Students"
2. Click "Apply for an account"
3. Read the statement carefully and click "Apply"
4. Fill in the blanks; fields marked with "*" are required. For the "Faculty" field in the form, please fill in the FULL DEPARTMENT NAME.
5. After completing the form, click "Confirm" to finish applying for an account.
Work Permit Application
Visit and click "Work Permit for Foreign Students, Overseas Chinese Students, and Ethnic Chinese Students"
Enter your account information and sign in
Select “Application management” → “260_Student Application Management”
Click “Add application.”, a window will pop up asking if you agree to have an electronic work permit. Click on "Yes" if you do. The new service begins on 1st January 2020, Please refer to the Electronic Service of Student Work Permit file.
Select application type as “Work permit” and click “Add”
Complete the application form, blanks with “*” are compulsory.
Click the “Upload file” tab to switch to the documentation page.
Upload the required documentation: "Student ID Card (both front and backside) with the registration stamp", "One copy of passport", "ARC ID Card (both front and backside)" and "Chinese version of Certificate of Enrollment in current semester (中文版在學證明)".
To complete your application, you have to pay the examination fee via the post office, then fill in the payment information found on the transaction receipt.
After completing all procedures, click “Submit for school examination”. → and inform the administrative staff of the Division of International Affairs Amy Wang #82137
The application will then be ready for review by the relevant offices.
Please check the application online status frequently. If your application status is retreated or shows corrections, the system will also show the reason, and please revise and submit again.
We will inform you by email when the Division of International Affairs has received your work permit from the Workforce Development Agency.
1. International students should be subject to International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan.
2. According to the "Regulations on the Permission and Administration of the Employment of Foreign Workers", you can apply for the student work permit only if you are officially enrolled as a degree student in any university or have taken a one-year language course in Taiwan.
3. Under the regulation of work permits, the maximum working time is 6 months and the maximum work hours are 20 hours per week, except during summer and winter vacation.
4. If the regulation mentioned above is violated, the work permit can be abolished by Work Force Development Agency.
5. According to Employment Services Act, if you work without a work permit, you will be fined from NT 30,000 to NT150,000 and ordered to leave the country immediately.
6. You should return the work permit (if valid) to the Division of International Office if you suspend or discontinue your schooling.
7. For applications made in the first semester, the work permit is valid until March 31st of the next semester; for applications made in the second semester, the work permit is valid until September 30th of the same year. The period validity of a work permit is 6 months at most.
For more information, please contact Work Force Development Agency
Address: No.10 building, No 39, No1 section, Zhonghua Road, Zhongzheng District, Taipei, Taiwan
Telephone: (02) 8995-6000 / 8995-6866
Service Time: 8:30 to 12:30 am and 13:30 to 17:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Other Rules of Work Permit Application for International Students & Employment Service Law
Regulation of International Employment
Foreign Students, Overseas Chinese Students and Ethnic Chinese Students website user manual