2022 Spring semester will begin on February 14, 2022, we will announce the latest information one month before.
The announcement of entry for New International Students of 2021/2022 Fall semester (September)
updated: September 14, 2021
※FAQs on foreign entry in Taiwan during COVID-19 (update on August 11)
※Application Procedure for entry and quarantine requirements
※To-do list for new foreign students to enter Taiwan
1. The school beginning day is postponed to Thursday, September 23 for next semester, and all courses will be taught online until October 8. The following dates have been changed due to the current impact of COVID-19:
- Opening of student dormitory: September 17
- Student Club Fair: September 22 (ONLINE)
- Orientation for New International Students: September 22 (ONLINE)
- Taipei-half day trip activity: September 25 (POSTPONED)
- To add, withdraw or select inter-university courses: September 23 ~ October 6
- Midterm exam week: November 8 ~ November 12
2. According to the latest announcement of CECC and MOE, Taiwan has begun the process for entry of new international students. Please contact us constantly for the renewal information of visa, date of entry, entry procedure, and other related to COVID 19 prevention.
3. Please prepare your verified diploma & transcript and insurance documents for enrollment.
4. Preparation phase for new foreign students (Please wait for our information then to apply for the visa at Taiwan overseas missions)
For the foreign admitted student of 1st intake who stays overseas, please follow the direction below to apply for the visa and other matters:
a. Visit the Taiwan overseas missions to apply for a residence visa.
b. Book the flight ticket (now we have already booked the quarantine hotel for August 20th, for those arriving after please let us know by email).
c. Fill in the survey once you receive your resident visa(https://forms.gle/QXFidaoRLQPbvmZB7).
d. We will issue the “official notice document” and “Overseas Student Entry Permit Certificate” by email to you once we receive your documents from MOE.
e. Please print it out and bring it with you.
5. The important notice before going through customs for new foreign students:
Foreign students should comply with the direction after getting off the plane and before going through the customs
a. Apply for the short-term phone card at the airport telecom.
b. Log in to the “Quarantine System for Entry (https://hdhq.mohw.gov.tw/)”, after finishing the online form you will get a “Home Quarantine Declaration Certificate” on your phone.
＊You must fill in the phone number that is available in the next 14 days and provide the quarantine hotel address.
c. Present the “Home Quarantine Declaration Certificate” screenshot to the customs.
d. Contact the NTUE school staff proactively.
e. Check-in at the Yellow “Overseas Students Reception Counter” and present “official notice document”, “overseas student entry permit certificate”, and “Home Quarantine Declaration Certificate”.
f. Take the quarantine taxi to the quarantine hotel under the guidance (it costs around NTD$ 1,000), and fill in the form of a quarantine taxi.
6. The notice of quarantine hotel for foreign students:
a. Receive the epidemic prevention kits, follow the health education and warnings.
b. Answer the call for physical and mental care on time.
c. Report body temperature and health status twice a day.
d. Submit quarantine notice and health record form after completing the 14 days quarantine.
e. Self-health monitoring for 7 days (can go outdoor except school, but should keep checkup on the body temperature and wear the mask).
f. Renew your residence visa to ARC within 15 days after completing the 14 days quarantine.（https://orad.ntue.edu.tw/zh_tw/4/intl_Students/arc/?wiki=51861212）.
7. Announcement of course selection for the new semester
Website for course selection: http://apstu.ntue.edu.tw
Account: Student ID number; password: your birth (ex: 19950130).
8. In response to the spread of the pandemic in Taiwan, the school has changed the policy of registration to deliver the document instead, please prepare the following documents to complete the procedure: a. Photocopy of valid passport; b. Original copy and photocopy of verified degree certificate and transcripts; c. Student comprehensive date record table; d. Photocopy of tuition fee payment receipt *Pay by credit card /ATM/ post office counter/ convenient store before Sept. 22.
9. Please finish the student academic record online before Spet. 22 (https://reurl.cc/yegnQ2). You can find your study buddy for help.
- Account: student ID number
- Password: the date of birth (YYYY/MM/DD)
10. Insurance: complete before Sept. 22 (choose a, b, or c).
a. Send the insurance certificate purchased by yourself to email@example.com.
(The medical and injury insurance should remain at least 6 -months validity. The documents should also have been verified by Taiwan's overseas institutes.)
b. If you already have an NHI card, send the photo of the card to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will issue you the NHI payment bill later. If your company has been providing you the NHI, then there’s no need to make the payment to the school additionally.
c. Buy NTUE Cathay Life Insurance (https://reurl.cc/r18DGx ). Transfer NT$3,000 to the following account:
Bank code: 012
Account number: 411168216920
*Keep the record/ receipt of your remittance carefully. After transfer, please send the record/ photo of the receipt and your account number to email@example.com.
11. Freshmen Health Examination: follow the regulation of the school health center, we will inform you later.
12. Dormitory payment: For the students who applied to the dorm, the payment bill will inform you once it comes out. Please pay attention to the announcement from the Office of Student Affairs (https://dorm.ntue.edu.tw/)
NTUE Wo-long related information
13. CECC maintains Level 2 epidemic alert from Sept. 7 to Sept. 20, related details are listed below:
(1) General principles(the following adjustments to the control measures for the transportation and travel industries will be implemented starting the announcement date set by the Ministry of Transportation and Communications):
i. Masks must be worn at all times when outside except when consuming food and beverages.
ii. Contact information registration measures and social distancing must be implemented.
iii. Crowd control or capacity limit management at commercial business venues and public venues: a distance of at least 1.5 meters per person (2.25 square meters per person) is required indoors and a distance of 1 meter per person (1 square meter per person) is required outdoors.
iv. The limit on the number of people in gatherings: 80 people indoors and 300 people outdoors. An epidemic prevention and control plan is required if the number of people in a gathering exceeds the limit.
v. Dine-in service management: places with dine-in services shall follow the Ministry of Health and Welfare regulations.
vi. Wedding banquets and public memorial services are allowed.
(1) Public memorial services shall abide by epidemic prevention and control regulations issued by the Ministry of Interior.
(2) Every partitioned-off area at a wedding banquet must abide by the epidemic prevention rule of 80 or fewer people indoors and 300 or fewer people outdoors; guests must follow guidelines on dining, and toasting each table is not allowed.
vii. Swimming pools and indoor and outdoor sports grounds and stadiums: conditionally open shower facilities, cold and hot pools, spa pools, and children's splash pools.
viii. Taiwan Railways Administration: the sale of all seat tickets for express trains resumes, while standing-only tickets are not sold.
ix. Taiwan High-Speed Rail: the sale of all seat tickets for trains resumes, and all seats are reassigned as reserved.
x. National scenic areas and the tourism and amusement industry: the limit on the capacity is increased to 80%.
xi. The maximum number of passengers on a tour bus is limited to 80 percent of the approved number of seats; passengers must wear a mask at all times, and consuming food and beverages is prohibited on tour buses.
(2) Venues that remain closed under the Level 2 epidemic alert:
i. Singing and dance venues, nightclubs, bars and clubs, KTVs, MTVs, beauty parlors (tourist parlors and audio-video parlors).
ii. Arcades, video game arcades, Internet cafes, majiang clubs, and other similar venues.
14. Please join LINE Account (https://page.line.me/vqv2007o) for any notices from the Department of Health. Please also check the latest information for 2019 Novel Coronavirus on the website of the Centers for the Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En
15. To focus the report of COVID-19 on time, please refer to the website below,（https://covid-19.nchc.org.tw/dt_004-my_daily_reports_global_population.php）The global map of COVID-19
Resource from: Taiwan Centers for Disease Control