2023 Exchange Students application information
Application for NTUE International Exchange Students in 2023 Fall is open till 30 April 2023. The application will only be considered through the nomination submitted by partner institutions.
Online Application Procedure
Once you are nominated to NTUE, we will create an account for you on the online application system. The system will send you a default password to access the website. Please log in and change your password freely, then complete your application online before the deadline.
Online application: http://exchange.ntue.edu.tw/login.php?lang=en-us
1st (Fall) Semester
2nd (Spring) Semester
Required documents (in Chinese or English only)
1. NTUE Online Application. The applicant for the Department of Language and Creative Writing should fill in the form in Chinese申請語創系者，請以中文填寫國際交換學生申請表).
2. Photocopy of Passport(大陸地區學生免繳)
3. Official Transcripts in English or Chinese
4. Certificate of Enrollment
5. Letter of Recommendation
a. Passport photo with a glossy finish taken with a white background within the last year. It should be 4.5cm X 3.5cm with an image of the head that should not be shorter than 3.2cm or longer than 3.6cm from the top of the head to the chin, without wearing a hat or a pair of color glasses, with clear facial features identifiable and not covered. The photo should not be modified or composed.
b. Student staying in Taiwan for over 180 days needs to bring a hard copy of the photo for the ARC application.
7. Certificate of Health: Choose 1 depending on the duration of stay.
8. Financial Statement: balance over US$5,000 for 1 year officially issued by the bank.
9. Certificate/Proof of Language Proficiency
a. Chinese Proficiency
i. Certificate of TOCFL 3 or equivalent level such as HSK5, 中國語檢定試驗3級 is required for the applicant of Department of Language and Creative Writing if not major in Chinese.
ii. Applicant of Department of Language and Creative Writing Students should provide a certificate or related proof such as a transcript if major in Chinese.
iii. Optional for other departments applicant and Chinese native speakers.
b. English Proficiency
i. Optional, if the student intends to apply for Dept. Children English Education is strongly suggested to have B2 level of English Proficiency.
10. Entry Permit Application to Taiwan for Mainland China Passport Holders大陸地區人民入出台灣地區申請書(For China Passport holders only): 請回覆word檔、毋須簽名、個人資料詳填
11. Scanned copy of ID card身分證正反面彩色清晰掃描jpg檔 (For China Passport holders only)
Chinese Proficiency Requirement - Applicant of Department of Language & Creative Writing only
Free Mandarin Course - 15 hours a week
(New)2023-2024 GUIDELINES FOR EXCHANGE STUDENTS
(New)2023 Fall NTUE-TIMELINE after Submission of Exchange Application
（2023 Fall semester opening day: To be determined)